[TR-536] Some command-line settings in batchretrieve not reflected in .settings file Created: 21/Aug/18  Updated: 01/Nov/18  Resolved: 01/Nov/18

Status: Resolved
Project: Terrier Core
Component/s: .querying
Affects Version/s: 5.0
Fix Version/s: 5.1

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Ian Soboroff Assignee: Craig Macdonald
Resolution: Fixed  
Labels: None

Attachments: File BM25_d_3_t_10_3.eval     File BM25_d_3_t_10_3.res     File BM25_d_3_t_10_3.res.settings     File BM25_d_3_t_10_4.eval     File BM25_d_3_t_10_4.res     File BM25_d_3_t_10_4.res.settings    

 Description   
I was playing with query expansion in CDs 4/5, using the TREC 6-8 topics. I used a standard trec_setup.sh and batchindex on a version of the corpus that has all the SGML files concatenated into a single file.

I did two runs:
bin/terrier batchretrieve -q -Dtrec.model=BM25 -c c:0.4 -Dtrec.topics=topics
and
bin/terrier batchretrieve -q -Dtrec.model=BM25 -c c:1.0 -Dtrec.topics=topics

Both runs (attached) have identical .settings files, but the change to the c parameter is not documented in either one.

 Comments   
Comment by Craig Macdonald [ 30/Oct/18 ]

tagging for 5.1

Comment by Craig Macdonald [ 01/Nov/18 ]

Pushed to github, thanks Ian

Generated at Sat Sep 19 16:13:54 BST 2020 using JIRA 7.1.1#71004-sha1:d6b2c0d9b7051e9fb5e4eb8ce177ca56d91d7bd8.