Uploaded image for project: 'Terrier Core'
  1. Terrier Core
  2. TR-536

Some command-line settings in batchretrieve not reflected in .settings file

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 5.0
    • Fix Version/s: 5.1
    • Component/s: .querying
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I was playing with query expansion in CDs 4/5, using the TREC 6-8 topics. I used a standard trec_setup.sh and batchindex on a version of the corpus that has all the SGML files concatenated into a single file.

      I did two runs:
      bin/terrier batchretrieve -q -Dtrec.model=BM25 -c c:0.4 -Dtrec.topics=topics
      and
      bin/terrier batchretrieve -q -Dtrec.model=BM25 -c c:1.0 -Dtrec.topics=topics

      Both runs (attached) have identical .settings files, but the change to the c parameter is not documented in either one.

        Attachments

        1. BM25_d_3_t_10_3.eval
          134 kB
        2. BM25_d_3_t_10_3.res
          8.10 MB
        3. BM25_d_3_t_10_3.res.settings
          3 kB
        4. BM25_d_3_t_10_4.eval
          134 kB
        5. BM25_d_3_t_10_4.res
          8.06 MB
        6. BM25_d_3_t_10_4.res.settings
          3 kB

          Activity

          Hide
          craigm Craig Macdonald added a comment -

          tagging for 5.1

          Show
          craigm Craig Macdonald added a comment - tagging for 5.1
          Hide
          craigm Craig Macdonald added a comment -

          Pushed to github, thanks Ian

          Show
          craigm Craig Macdonald added a comment - Pushed to github, thanks Ian

            People

            • Assignee:
              craigm Craig Macdonald
              Reporter:
              isoboroff Ian Soboroff
            • Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: